Recently, the global demand for e-bikes has accelerated thanks to a widespread push for healthier lifestyles, greener transit options, safer alternatives to public transportation and increased government financial incentives.
E-bike sales are soaring and so is interest in launching shared mobility systems featuring the two-wheelers. Therefore, we’ve made it easier than ever for entrepreneurs to launch systems that rent out e-bikes for days, weeks or months at a time through Joyride Keep, our newest solution for long-term micromobility rentals.
So what are you getting into if you launch your own e-bike fleet right now? The answer is a quickly growing industry that’s surpassing earlier predictions of market growth.
What you need to know about launching an e-bike rental business
The e-bike market in 2020 and beyond
- Built to last: Bike-sharing statistics show that e-bike rental services and logistics software will help drive a 6.39% rise in the global e-bike market by 2024. The global e-bike market is expected to reach US$38.6 billion by 2025.
Ok, the world is on an e-bike roll. How do you hop on?
When it comes to launching your own fleet of vehicles, here are more numbers that are important to know:
- Establishing a shared e-bike system entirely through Joyride’s platform can happen in five simple steps:
- Select your model type, whether it’s a private B2B fleet or a city-wide public system;
- Pick your hardware based on speed, style and city location;
- Get your white-label app that syncs with the e-bike’s IoT and lets riders unlock vehicles, receive real-time alerts and engage with specialized marketing promotions;
- Obtain any necessary city permits and insurance plans based on your fleet;
- Finalize your rental strategy (are you offering short-term trips or extended rentals?) and start tracking your vehicles, accepting payment and setting geofenced markers using Joyride’s backend dashboard management system.
- E-bikes range in price, but ones for shared fleet purposes with sophisticated IoTs and a robust build typically cost between US$1,000 to US$1,200 per vehicle.
Here to support your e-bike business
While Joyride’s software platform can integrate with most IoT-powered e-bikes on the market, we are currently fielding strong demand for three specific models: ACTON’s Nexus e-bike, Okai’s EB100 and Hongji’s lineup of electric bikes. Inquire with our sales team to learn more about specific delivery times and prices for these vehicles.
Joyride supports the full process of establishing and growing an e-bike fleet, from obtaining insurance through to vehicle selection and IoT integration. For more information on how to get started, contact us